Convert to Image Zibot settings
Summary: This Zibot will automatically create images (jpg, png, gif) from files uploaded within your Google Drive or Dropbox folder. The Convert to Image Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow.
If you don't know what Zibots or Flows are, please visit our glossary page.
Where is the feature setup? The Convert to Image Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow. Ziflow is able to automatically create image files based on your cloud storage events.
Image Event configuration
Before you create your first automation, you'll need to connect your Google Drive/Dropbox personal/Dropbox Businesses. Start by entering the Connect tab and pressing a Create flow button located in the right upper corner of a dashboard. Name your flow (eg. Convert every uploaded file to png format) and select previously added cloud storage connection. Alternatively, you can add a new cloud connection from this page as well.
Next, select type of the event that is going to trigger the automation:
There are 3 types of events who can choose from (4th one which is New folder is created is dedicated for other Zibots)
- File is added to a folder - select this event if you want to convert files that are being added to the storage
- File is modified - select this event if you want to convert files that are being modified (eg. name is changed)
- File is deleted - select this event if you want to convert files that are removed from the storage to a PDF format
The above settings let you narrow down files that will trigger the automation later on. You can decide which files, uploaded where and by whom will trigger later actions. Once you're done with adjusting the trigger settings, click the "Next" button and proceed with Zibot configuration.
Image Zibot configuration
You'll be presented with a list of available Zibots, select the Convert to an Image option.
When you select the Convert to an Image action as part of your flow, you will see the following window.
- Source file - Ziflow is asking what the input file will be ie. the file you want to be converted into an image. You have two options.
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- Output file type - Select what type of image output you require from jpg, png or gif.
- Export quality - When you create a jpg or gif image it is normal to choose its quality on a 1-100 scale. It is typical that you would not want to keep a jpg or gif as big as the original so by default, Ziflow enters 80 which you are able to change. If you are creating a png file the export quality button will not display as it is not relevant to this format.
- Target folder - The Image Zibot is asking you where to put the Image/s that it creates. You can browse to the area on your cloud storage where you want the Image/s to be delivered.
If you are using a multi-step flow the “Output folder from previous Zibot” will display and if selected the Image Zibot will use the same output folder as the previous Zibot in the flow.
- The Image Zibot cannot be the first Zibot in
a flowif your trigger event is “a new folder is created in a folder” (because the Zibot cannot make an Image of a folder).