Copy & Move the file Zibot Settings
Summary: The Move Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow. The Move Zibot is configurable, meaning you could apply different move settings across your different flows. This document outlines the configurable options you can apply to your Move Zibot.
Where is the feature setup? The Move Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow (See below).
How does it work?
When you select the Move Zibot as part of your flow, you will see the following window.
The configurable options inside the Move Zibot are listed below:
- Source file: Ziflow is asking what the source file will be to trigger off the flow ie. the file you want to be moved. You have two options:
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file that will be moved.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- Keep the original: If you select this option you are instructing Ziflow to make a COPY of the file (keeping the original file in the same location) if the button is unticked the original file will be MOVED.
- If file the already exists: You are being asked what you want the Move / Copy Zibot to do if a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder. You can either overwrite the existing file or you can keep both files, if you select to keep all files then the Zibot will add a sequence number at the end of the NEW files name.
- Target folder: The Move / Copy Zibot is asking where you want to move or copy the file/s or folder/s. You can browse the area on your cloud storage. If you are using a multi-step flow the “Output folder from previous Zibot” will display and if selected the Move / Copy Zibot will use the same output folder as the previous Zibot in the flow.
- If your trigger event is set to “a new folder is created in a folder” then a slightly different Zibot will be displayed which is very specific to this scenario. The Zibot is called “copy or move folder with contents”