How To - Connect to Dropbox Business
Summary: Connecting to Dropbox Business cloud storage allows you to create workflow
Where is the feature applied? To connect to Dropbox you need to click on the “Connections” tab and then click on “Connect Cloud Storage” before selecting “Dropbox Business” from the list
How does it work?
When you select Dropbox Business, Ziflow will walk you through the process to connect to Dropbox Business
Step 1: Enter your Dropbox credentials to enable Ziflow to link your account.
Step 2: Confirm you allow Ziflow to access your Dropbox account.
Step 3: You will be asked …
- if you want to create a new folder just for Ziflow - this folder will be the point from which Ziflow will access your files. Please note that Ziflow will be able to access any subfolders that are created inside your new folder but it will not be able to access any files or folders outside of the folder you create.
- If you want to point Ziflow to an existing folder inside your Dropbox structure simply click on “Sync a particular folder” but again please note Ziflow will then have access to all files and folders and any subfolders within the folder you choose.
Step 4: Either …
- Type in a new folder name for Ziflow to access
- Navigate to an existing folder.
You're done … you should now see your Dropbox account listed inside your “Connections” area.
- Now you have added cloud storage to your Ziflow account you can start using the workflow automation tools. Use the Zibots to build Flows to automate tasks.
- You can also add Dropbox or Google Drive accounts from the “Flows” area shown below.
- If you connect Dropbox Business to Ziflow you MUST have the same email address in both Ziflow and Dropbox Business for the connection to work properly (without this you will not be able to see your files on Dropbox Business) - This is a Dropbox Business requirement and out or the control of Ziflow.