How To - Understand the Create Folder Tree settings
Summary: The Create Folder Tree Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow. The Create Folder Tree Zibot is configurable, meaning you could apply different folder structures across your different flows. This document outlines the configurable options you can apply to your Create Folder Tree Zibot.
Where is the feature setup? The Create Folder Tree Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow (See below).
How does it work?
When you select the Create Folder Tree Zibot as part of your flow, you will see the following window. The configurable options inside the Create Folder Tree Zibot are listed below:
- Target folder: Ziflow is asking where you want to create the folder tree
• Output folder from the previous Zibot - This option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is asking if the folder structure should be created inside the output folder specified by the previous
zibotin the flow.
• Other - This allows you to browse to the location where you want the folder tree to be created.
- Structure: This is where you specify the folder structure that the Create Folder Tree Zibot will automatically create. Let’s take a closer look:
In the following example we want the following to happen:
A. On your cloud storage, you have a folder called “Live Jobs”
B. When somebody in your team creates a new folder inside “Live Jobs” say “1234_ABC” with the 1234 being a job number and the ABC being the client name.
C. You want Ziflow to create the common job structure inside this new folder so you do not have to manually do it every time.
Here is how that example would look
onthe cloud storage:
Inside Ziflow the folder structure you want to automatically build will look like this in the interface …
- Click the + sign to add a folder
- Click the Pencil icon to rename a folder
- Click the red cross to delete a folder
Incopyand Word folders.
If I wanted to move the Word folder to another part of the structure you simply click and drag the grey dotted square located next to the name and position it where you desire.
- If the folder already exists: If a folder already exists with the same name in the destination folder what do you want Ziflow to do?
A. Replace the existing folder - use with caution as if you do this the contents of the old folder will be lost when the new folder replaces it.
B. Keep both folders will keep the old folder and put a sequence number at the end of the new folder.