How To - Understand the PDF Zibot settings
Summary: The PDF Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow. The PDF Zibot is configurable meaning you could apply different PDF settings across your different flows. This document outlines the configurable options you can apply to your PDF Zibot.
Where is the feature setup? The PDF Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow (See below).
How does it work?
When you select the PDF Zibot as part of your flow, you will see the following window.
The configurable options inside the PDF Zibot are listed below:
- Source file: Ziflow is asking what the input file will be ie. the file you want to be converted into a PDF. You have two options.
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- Pages: Do you want the PDF Zibot to convert all the pages (if the input file is a document) to PDF eg. you may be dropping in Word files and you only ever want the first page to be made into a PDF. Most of the time and If you are converting non-documents to PDF then the ALL setting will be used.
- Target folder: The PDF Zibot is asking you where to put the PDF that it creates. You can browse to the area on your cloud storage where you want the PDF to be delivered.
If you are using a multi-step flow the “Output folder from previous Zibot” will display and if selected the PDF Zibot will use the same output folder as the previous Zibot in the flow.
- Is your file password protected: Use this option if you plan to drop in a file that has been password protected eg. a confidential word file that has a password applied. Ziflow will then be able to open the document using the password you provide in the settings and create the PDF.
- Adobe PDF Presets: This is where you can select the type of PDF output you require. The standard Adobe options are listed including PDF/X, Smallest file size, High-Quality Print and Custom which allows you to define your own PDF settings.
- The PDF Zibot cannot be the first Zibot in a flow if your trigger event is “a new folder is created in a folder” (because the Zibot cannot make a PDF of a folder).