How To - Understand the Share Dropbox settings
Summary: The Share Dropbox Link Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow. The Share Dropbox Link Zibot is configurable, meaning you could share Dropbox links across your different flows. This document outlines the configurable options you can apply to your Share Dropbox Link.
Where is the feature setup? The Share Dropbox Link Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow (See below).
How does it work?
When you select the Share Dropbox Link Zibot as part of your flow, you will see the following window. The configurable options inside the Share Dropbox Link Zibot are listed below:
- Source file: Ziflow is asking what the input file will be ie. the file you want to send a Dropbox link too. You have two options.
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- Link settings: Here you can select the settings you want to apply to the link.
Public - The Dropbox link can be sent to anyone. The link will take them directly to the item inside Dropbox but they will only see the file you sent the link too and will not be able to navigate anywhere else. (This option is available for Dropbox Business and Dropbox Personal accounts)
Dropbox team only - If you select this option the email recipient must be part of your Dropbox team otherwise the link will not be sent and the flow will fail.
(This option is available for Dropbox Business accounts only)
Password - If you select this option the email recipient will click on the link and Dropbox will ask for the password that you set in this configuration to be entered. (You would need to inform your recipients what the password is yourself).
The recipient will see the following screen when clicking on the link:
(This option is available for Dropbox Personal paid accounts only - not the free edition)
- Expiry Date: Select an expiry date on the link that you send - once the date is met the link will no longer work. (This option is available for Dropbox Business accounts only)
- Dropbox Personal and Dropbox Business have differences which are out of the control of Ziflow. Please be aware that some settings may not apply to personal Dropbox accounts.
- If you connect Dropbox Business to Ziflow you MUST have the same email address in both Ziflow and Dropbox Business for the connection to work properly (without this you will not be able to see your files on Dropbox Business) - This is a Dropbox Business requirement and out or the control of Ziflow.