Using Proof Folders
Summary: The proof list, depending on the account, may contain hundreds or even thousands of proofs. That’s why it’s very important to have an organizational system in place to quickly locate proofs/files. Creating a folder hierarchy is a highly effective way to stay organized.
Available for: Business and Enterprise editions
How does it work?
The folder feature is located in the menu to the left of the proof list. If you click on “Folders” it will display a list of all the folders that have been created.
If a folder has sub-folders, it has a + sign next to the folder name. Once the user clicks the + sign, the sub-folders will be displayed.
Sub-folders show a few things when opened:
- The total number of proofs in that specific sub-folder
- The number of proofs in progress
- The number of late proofs
- The number of completed proofs
The contextual menu can be opened by clicking on the 3 dots to the right of the folder name (you will need to hover over the space in order for the 3 dots to appear). You'll be presented with three options:
How to create a folder?
The folder creation button is located in the upper right corner near the “Create Proof” button.
- Choose the folder name
- Choose the folder location:
- A user can set-up a top level folder, in which case it would be displayed right after entering "Folders".
- A folder can also be nested under a
top levelfolder, making this a sub-folder.
3. Choose to make the folder public or private:
- If the box is left blank, everyone in the account (all Ziflow users) will be able to view and create proofs in that folder.
- If the box is checked, the folder creator and administrators are the only ones who are able to see the folder.
Moving proofs to folders
The proof creator may insert the proof into a folder during proof configuration by clicking on the folder button and choosing the location.
If a proof wasn't placed in a folder during the creation process, it can be still moved by the proof owner or user with "manage" rights by going to “View details” under the proof contextual menu and selecting the proof location.
- The folder feature is only available on the Ziflow Business or Enterprise Edition.
- If a user decides to delete a folder, Ziflow will ask what should be done with sub-folders/proofs inside of it: