Custom Proof Properties
Summary: By creating custom proof properties, you can quickly zero in on a subset of you proof library according to your preferred business and/or process views.
If you prefer to view your projects by specific attributes (such as project/client name, project or campaign name, billing bode, asset type, issue, etc.), you can now create custom metadata for proofs which can be used for filtering, as well as building custom views and sorting. The end result is a more customized view of your review and approval progress and outcomes.
Available for: Administrators on Enterprise edition only.
Where is the feature accessible? “Manage Account” menu →“Proof Settings” →“Properties”.
Adding custom properties
Start by creating a group that is going to contain a set of custom properties. Click “+ Add group” and a new empty group will be added to the properties screen.
This group is disabled by default and doesn't have any properties yet. Click on “Property Group” then add your specific property group name.
Next, click on “Add Property” to begin creating custom properties.
- Name - name your property (e.g., Client, Project Name, Project Leader, Account Manager)
- Hint - type a quick description to help proof creators understand the property’s purpose. This hint will be displayed as a tooltip near the property name.
- Group - select a group that this property will belong to.
- Make this property mandatory - by enabling this option you will force proof creators to select a property setting during proof creation.
- Visible - this determines whether or not this property will appear in the proof creation workflow. This option is handy when you want to switch off a property.
- Field type - There are 8 types of fields that you can choose from: Single-line text, Multi-line text, Number, Checkbox, Radio, Date, List and User.
- Value - configure value options of the property. If you selected checkbox field type you will need to define what options proof creator can choose from during proof creation. You can add those values one by one or load them as a list.
When you hit “create”, the property is going to be added to the pre-defined property group. Please remember to toggle the property group on if you want to enable it for your users. A couple things to keep in mind:
- If the property group is activated, but no properties within that group are activated, nothing will display on the proof creation page.
- If the properties within a group are activated, but the property group is not activated, nothing will display on the proof creation page.
The property group must be activated along with at least one property in order to display on the proof creation page.
From this point, all users will go through the new step (Proof Properties) during the proof creation process.
In this example, we have implemented only one property, but you can add as many groups and properties as you need.
Custom properties in customized views
Please read how to use custom views.
Filtering by custom properties
Please check this article on how to use filters. You can add all those custom properties (field types) as filters:
- Single-line text
- Multi-line text
- Applied custom properties are also available in Proof Details page.
- Properties are also applied when creating proofs using Workflow Templates.