Exporting Comments to PDF in Proof Viewer
Summary: If your review and approval process includes exporting proofs for historical or auditing purposes, Ziflow supports the PDF export of static proofs along with rich media proofing projects (audio, video, live website and rich media banner/HTML5 assets). The PDF export will include full comments, markups and decisions (with reasons) made. All versions of a proof can be exported, allowing for complete download of a proof's entire progress through all of its versions.
Available for: anyone with "view" permissions on a proof.
Where is the feature setup? under "Manage account" - "Proofing Settings" - "Proof viewer". This feature is enabled by default. An account admin can choose to hide this option, however, the icon will still appear on the proof summary page.
How does it work
You can choose to export comments from only one proof version or all versions. Downloading the comments to PDF can be done in 2 places:
- From the Proof Summary page: Click on the "Export comments to PDF" icon as shown in the screenshot below:
- Inside the proof viewer: Click on the "Export comments to PDF" icon located in the left sidebar menu. Reviewers can also decide how the exported document will look like:
What the export looks like?
When you decide to export proof comments, a PDF file will be generated. The file will contain:
- Cover page
- Ziflow or your company logo
- Proof name
- Version number (with Proof status)
- Number of pages
- Number of comments and replies
- Owner information
a. Proof pages with all the pins.b. Each comment with all the details: thumbnail image, avatar & name, comment number, comment text, date/time & timezone, page number, number of likes, if any, and number of attachments, if any. c. Replies to comments with all the details: avatar & name, reply number, reply text, date/time & timezone, number of likes, if any, and number of attachments, if any.
- Private comments aren't included in the comment export