Creating & sharing a proof
Once you log in to your Ziflow account, you'll be presented with the Proofs List. From here, click the Create Proof button.
Step 1 - What to review?
This is where you upload the files you want to proof.
- Simply browse your files or drag and drop them (supported file formats) into the designated field, or...
- Upload a web page by entering the URL into the “Review a website” field. You can choose between "Take a snapshot" of a web page or "View live content".
Once files have been uploaded, scroll down to the next step...
Step 2 - Stage configuration
Now you are ready to add your stages and reviewers. By default, Ziflow creates a “Stage 1” and automatically assigns ownership to the proof creator (you can change the proof owner
Ziflow understands that you may need two or more stages (review groups) reviewing the same file at the same time or one after another (eg. copywriters for checking
- Stage settings - these settings are going to be applied to this particular stage only. If you decide to add more stages, you need to define the settings for each of them.
- Invitation message - these two options are responsible for sending out new proof notifications to invited reviewers. If you want to send a default reviewer proof invitation then select the first option. The second option appears once you disable the option above (New proof/version). If you need to add some custom information about a proof, use this option to customize the email invitation. (Enterprise edition only)
- Add new reviewers & groups - this is where you will add users into the review stage, set up their proofing permissions and define their notification preferences. If they are a registered user in your Ziflow account, simply begin typing their name and it will populate their email address. By default, the Proof owner is automatically added to Stage 1.
If you would like to invite someone who is not a registered user in your account, simply enter a valid email address and click the + button. *Please note that “guest” reviewers without a Ziflow account cannot be granted “Manage” permissions.
Please read our detailed guide on creating a new proof to learn more about each available setting.
Step 3 - Proof settings
Towards the bottom of the proof creation screen, there are some additional settings. This is also where the proof creator may transfer ownership to another user.
Once again, please read our detailed guide on creating a new proof to learn more about each available setting.
Once the proof settings are determined, click on the "Create" button. If something is set up incorrectly you will see the following pop-up message. Ziflow will identify the problem area by placing a red mark next to the stage that requires attention.
After the proof is processed, reviewers will get an email notification informing them that they have a new proof to review.