How To - Create a new proof
Creating a new Proof:
Once you are logged in-to Ziflow it is very quick and easy to start a new proof.
From within the “Proofs” tab in Ziflow click on the “Create new” button.
(If you already have proofs you will see these listed in the dashboard as shown below)
Create Proof: What to review...
You are now taken to the “Create Proof” setup screen where your first option is “What to Review” This is where you upload the files you want to proof.
- Simply browse to your files or drag and drop them into the uploader, or...
- If you want to add a Web Page to your review cycle then simply type in the URL before hitting the + button.
As you drag and drop or browse to your files you will see:
- Proof name - by default the proof will be named the same as the file you have uploaded or it will be called “Multiple files” if you upload more than one file. Simply overtype your required Proof name.
- Folder - if you need there is a possibility to put the proof you are creating to the specific folder. A folder window will show up, allowing you to choose the folder you want to put the proof inside, alternatively, you can create a new folder and select it as a destination folder for your proof. Read more about folders functionality in this article
- A green progress bar appears as the file/s are uploaded. All the files will be listed in numerical order so you can quickly reference what you have added to your review cycle.
- The trash icon can be used to delete uploaded files.
- If you are subscribed to the “Business Plan” or above you will see an additional option called “Combine into a single proof”. By selecting this option you instruct Ziflow to bundle all the files you have uploaded into a single proof. This feature means your reviewers will only receive one notification for all the files and the review cycle will be based upon all the files being reviewed as a collective. This feature also allows you to drag and drop the order you want the files to be viewed in.
*Please note the combine files option is only available on static files such as PDF and Image, multiple videos cannot be combined into a single proof.
Once you are done simply click on next.
Create Proof: Add Your Stage/s...
Now you are ready to add your proofing stages and reviewers.
By default, Ziflow creates a “Stage 1” and automatically assigns the Proof Owner in stage 1.
Ziflow understands that you may need two or more stages (review groups) reviewing the same file at the same time (eg. copywriters for checking for text and legal checking for compliance) so we allow you to create multiple review stages in the same proofing session.
The screenshot below outlines the stage options:
- Stage name - by default Ziflow name the stage “Stage 1”, “Stage 2” etc. Simply overtype to edit the stage name to something relevant to you.
- Reviewers - This lists any reviewers that have been added to the review stage and also allows you to determine what roles/permissions those users will have. (By default the Proof Owner is automatically added to “Stage 1”) The user permissions are View, Comment Decision and Manage - More detailed info can be found in:
How To - Understand the user roles (In the Ziflow help center)
- Notification preferences - This option allows you to set the frequency of notifications regarding the proof for each reviewer. The options
are:all comments and decisions, replies to my comments, decisions, final decision, hourly digest, daily digest or none.
- Add reviewers to the proof - If you want to add a reviewer who is a registered Ziflow user within your Ziflow application you can simply enter first or last name and choose the account from the list. If you wish to invite someone who is not a registered user in Ziflow then simply enter a valid email address and click + button.
*(Please note that “guest” users without a Ziflow account cannot be granted “Manage” permissions).
- Only one decision is required - If you select this option the first reviewer who makes a decision on the proof will make that decision on behalf of every member with “decision” permissions in that group. (This could be useful in a scenario where you just need one person to progress the proof eg. anyone in the legal team can review the proof and make a decision but not everyone needs to review it)
- Set a deadline - This setting allows you to set a deadline for your reviewers. You can also send out reminders about the deadline from the proof summary page.
- Custom invitation message If you want to create a custom invitation for your reviewers or you need to add additional information about the proof then you have the ability to amend the invitation email content here.
(Please note this feature is only available for Business subscription users and above)
Add another Stage - Click on the + to add another review stage to your proof
Click on Next once you have completed your review groups and settings.
Create Proof: Select Proof Settings...
The last step of proof creation is to select your proof settings, these settings will be applied to all the review groups you set-up in the previous step.
Proof Owner Setting - This simple setting allows Proof Creator to create a proof on behalf of another Ziflow user. If creator decides to use that setting he/she needs to select new Proof Owner of the whole Proof. What is important is that this user needs to be added to one of the proof stages (Ziflow will do it automatically, just asking where exactly new Proof Owner should be added). Once new Proof Owner is already added you can delete your account from the list of the reviewers if that is what you need.
Lock the proof when all decisions are made - By ticking this option the proof will automatically lock once all “decision makers” have made a decision (or when one decision-maker has made a decision if the “Only one decision is required” option is ticked). Once the proof is locked reviewers cannot revoke decisions and the only people able to unlock the proof are the proof owner or reviewers with “manage” permissions (these users also has the ability to manually lock the proof at any point). More detailed info can be found in: How To - Manually lock & unlock proofs (In the Ziflow help center)
Allow download of the original file - By ticking this option, the users are able to download a copy of the file/s they are reviewing. A download button will appear inside the proof viewer and additionally, a download file option will appear in the contextual menu list on the proof list page. (See screenshots below). *Please note multiple files inside a proof will be downloaded as a zip file.
Secure Proof - By ticking this option you are adding an additional security layer to your Online Proofing process by making it compulsory for users to access the proof by logging in to Ziflow. If a user clicks on a link to view a proof and they are not logged in already they will be redirected to the Ziflow login screen to enter credentials.
** Please Note: By using this setting all your registered reviewers MUST verify their email address before entering the proof, (Guest users will not be able to log in)
If you have set-up a reviewer that is not a registered user and then you tick “Secure Proof”, a message will display asking if you want Ziflow to automatically remove any guest users or you can select to do it manually yourself.
When secure proofing is checked "Only allow registered users to access the proof" is automatically checked and disabled.
Only Allow Registered Users to Access the Proof - By selecting this option you are not allowing Guest Users (
As with the “Secure Proof” Option, Ziflow will inform you if guest users are
When you click on Summary you will see the following window if everything is setup correctly - Simply click on “Create” to process your proof.
If something is
- Static files and video files cannot be part of the same proof. If Proof Owner tries to upload static and video file at the same time he/she will see an error message informing that "Only a single content type can be used when creating a proof”. Either remove the video file(s) or the static file(s) to proceed."
- Proof folder setting can be adjusted at any step of the Proof creation process. Proof’s folder can be selected at the first step which is “What to review?” or even during the last “Summary” step.
- Multiple videos cannot be combined into a single proof.