Creating a new proof
Creating a new Proof
Once you login to your
What to review
- Simply browse your files or drag and drop them into the designated field or...
- Upload a web page by entering the URL(s) into the "Review a website" field. You can choose between "Take a snapshot" of a webpage or "View live content".
As you drag and drop or browse to your files you will see:
- Proof name - by default, the proof name will be the file name that you uploaded. If you uploaded more than one file, the name will appear as: “Multiple files". You can simply overwrite this and select a new name.
- Folder - when you click on the folder icon, you can either select an existing folder to place the proof in or create a new one. To read more about folder functionality, click here.
- Progress bar - will appear as the file(s) are uploaded.
- Trash icon - can be used to delete files.
- Combine into a single proof - by selecting this option, all of your files will be bundled into a single proof. This means that your reviewers will only receive one notification for all the files and the review cycle will be based upon all the files being reviewed as a collective. It also allows you to drop the files into the order that you want them to be viewed. This feature is available on the Business and Enterprise editions.
*Please note: the combine files option is only available on static files such as PDF and Images. Multiple videos cannot be combined into a single proof.
Add Your Stage(s)
You may need two or more stages (review groups) reviewing the same file (eg. copywriters for checking text and legal checking for compliance). For this purpose, you can create multiple stages.
The screenshot below outlines the stage options:
- Stage name- click on "Stage 1" to edit the name (eg. "Internal Review").
- Reviewers - this is where you will add users into the review stage, set up their proofing permissions and define their notification preferences. If they are a registered user in your Ziflow account, simply begin typing their name and it will populate their email address. If you would like to invite someone who is not a registered user in your account, simply enter a valid email address and click the + button. *Please note that “guest” reviewers without a Ziflow account cannot be granted “Manage” permissions. For more information, see our Proof permissions article.
- Notification preferences - this setting allows you to choose the frequency of email notifications for each reviewer. The options are: all comments and decisions, replies to my comments, decisions, final decision, hourly digest, daily digest or none.
- Trigger - select how and when you would like the stage to start.
- Lock stage - choose if or when the stage should be locked: never, manually or when all decisions are made.
- Final Status Calculation - you can define the final status calculation for each stage. "All decisions" means that every reviewer that has decision making permissions will need to submit a decision in order for the proof to reach an approved status. "Only one decision required" means that the first reviewer to make a decision on the proof will make that decision on behalf of every reviewer with "decision " permissions. "Decision made by.." allows you to select a primary decision maker from the reviewers that are in that stage.
- Allow comments - decide what kind of comments can be added to the proof. Read more about private vs public comments in this article. If someone from a stage submits a private comment (available on Enterprise edition) it will only be visible to the reviewers in that specific stage.
- Set a deadline - this setting allows you to set a deadline for your reviewers. By default, once a proof has reached its deadline, an auto reminder goes out to reviewers who have not taken action on the proof. You can also manually send out reminders from the proof summary page. The Enterprise edition allows you to create auto reminders to trigger before and after the deadline has been reached.
- New proof/version - If you don't want to send out notifications about a new proof/version to your reviewers then you would uncheck this option.
- Custom invitation message - If you need to add additional information about a proof/project, you have the option to customize the email invitation.
Create Proof: Select Proof Settings...
The last step of proof creation is to select your proof settings, these settings will be applied to all the review groups you set-up in the previous step.
Proof Owner Setting - This is where the proof creator may transfer ownership to another user.
Proof Security - The Proof Security Setting allows customers to securely share proofs, not only with users, but with guest reviewers as well. This functionality ensures that only designated reviewers can access proofs. After selecting reviewers, determine whether or not they need to authenticate in order to access the proof.
There are 3 security settings to choose from if you are on a Starter or Business edition and 4 settings if you're on Enterprise.
- Users & Guests (Authentication not required)
- Users & Guests (Authentication required) - Enterprise edition
- Users only (Authentication not required)
- Users (Authentication required)
When authentication is required, Ziflow will generate a unique token and email it to the reviewer.
Please see our Proof Security Settings article for more information.
Minor version - In many cases, creative assets need to be reviewed internally before being shared with external team members or clients. Most online proofing applications will label versions using the standard pattern v1, v2, v3 and so on. Depending on your workflow, this may not be ideal because by the time a proof is shared externally, you could be sharing what is now known as v3, which could potentially cause some confusion and raise questions about what happened to v1 and v2. Enable this setting to make the proof a minor version (eg. v0.1, v0.2, v0.3 etc.).
Lock the proof when all decisions are made - If needed, proofs or stages can be locked once a decision has been made, preventing any further actions to be taken on a proof, such as comments or decisions. The only people able to unlock it are proof owners and managers. They also have the ability to manually lock the proof at any point. More detailed info can be found in the Manually lock & unlock proofs article.
Allow download of the original file - if this feature is on, reviewers are able to download a copy of the file/s they are reviewing. A download icon will appear inside the proof viewer, as well as the proof summary page.
*Please note: multiple files inside a proof will be downloaded as a zip file.
Suppress proof created/failed email - proof creators may not want to receive an email informing him/her that a new proof has been created/failed, since they are the ones creating the proof. For that reason, Ziflow gives them the ability to opt out of that email notification.
When you click on Summary you will see the following window if everything is
If something is
- Static files and video files cannot be part of the same proof. If Proof Owner tries to upload static and video file at the same time he/she will see an error message informing that "Only a single content type can be used when creating a proof”. Either remove the video file(s) or the static file(s) to proceed."
- Proof folder setting can be adjusted at any step of the Proof creation process. Proof’s folder can be selected at the first step which is “What to review?” or even during the last “Summary” step.
- Multiple videos cannot be combined into a single proof.