Creating a New Proof
Once you log into Ziflow, you'll be presented with the Proofs List. From there, click on the "Create Proof " button in the upper right corner.
What to review
- Simply browse your files or drag and drop them into the "What to review" field. Or,
- Upload a web page by entering the URL into the "Review a website" field. You can choose between "Take a snapshot" or "View live content".
As you drag and drop or browse your files you will see:
- Proof name - by default, the proof name will be the same as the file you upload. If you upload more than one file, the proof name will be shown as "Multiple files".
- Folder - the folder icon in the upper left corner allows you to either choose an existing folder or create a new one and select it as a destination for your proof. For more detailed information,. please see our folders functionality article.
- Progress bar - this appears as the file(s) are uploaded. All files will be listed in numerical order so you can quickly reference what's been added to your review cycle.
- Trash icon - this can be used to delete uploaded files.
- Combine into a single proof - if you are on the Business or Enterprise edition you will see this option. By selecting this, you are instructing Ziflow to bundle all the files into a single proof. In doing so, your reviewers will only receive one notification for all the files and the review cycle will be based upon all the files being reviewed as a collective. This feature also allows you to drag and drop the order in which you want the files to be viewed.
- Static, audio and video files cannot be combined. If the proof owner attempts to upload static and video files at the same time, he/she will see an error message.
- In addition, multiple videos, audio or Rich Media files cannot be combined into a single proof.
Once you are done simply scroll down to the next step.
Now you are ready to configure your stages and add reviewers. By default, Ziflow creates a "Stage 1 " and automatically assigns ownership to the proof creator (you can change proof owner later, if needed).
Ziflow understands that you may need two or more stages (review groups) reviewing the same file at the same time or one right after another (eg. copywriters for checking for text and legal checking for compliance). For this purpose, Ziflow allows you to create multiple review stages.
One of the awesome features on the Enterprise edition is automated workflows. This feature simplifies the review and approval process by eliminating steps that you would otherwise need to do manually.
The screenshot below outlines the stage options:
- Stage name- click on "Stage 1" to edit the name (eg. "Internal Review").
- Reviewers - this is where you will add users into the review stage, set up their proofing permissions and define their notification preferences. If they are a registered user in your Ziflow account, simply begin typing their name and it will populate their email address. If you would like to invite someone who is not a registered user in your account, simply enter a valid email address and click the + button. *Please note that “guest” reviewers without a Ziflow account cannot be granted “Manage” permissions. For more information, see our Proof permissions article.
- Notification preferences - this setting allows you to choose the frequency of email notifications for each reviewer. The options are: all comments and decisions, replies to my comments, decisions, final decision, hourly digest, daily digest or none.
- Trigger - select how and when you would like the stage to start.
- Lock stage - choose if or when the stage should be locked: never, manually or when all decisions are made.
- Final Status Calculation - you can define the final status calculation for each stage. "All decisions" means that every reviewer that has decision making permissions will need to submit a decision in order for the proof to reach an approved status. "Only one decision required" means that the first reviewer to make a decision on the proof will make that decision on behalf of every reviewer with "decision " permissions. "Decision made by.." allows you to select a primary decision maker from the reviewers that are in that stage.
- New proof/version - If you don't want to send out notifications about a new proof/version to your reviewers then you would uncheck this option.
- Custom invitation message - If you need to add additional information about a proof/project, you have the option to customize the email invitation.
- Set a deadline - this setting allows you to set a deadline for your reviewers. By default, once a proof has reached its deadline, an auto reminder goes out to reviewers who have not taken action on the proof. You can also manually send out reminders from the proof summary page. The Enterprise edition allows you to create auto reminders to trigger before and after the deadline has been reached.
- Allow private stage comments - by enabling this feature, all the reviewers in that stage are able to post private comments. This prevents reviewers in any other stage from seeing those comments. Available on Enterprise edition.
The last step of the proof creation process is the configuration of proof settings.
Proof Owner Setting - This is where the proof creator may transfer ownership to another user.
Proof Security - The Proof Security Setting allows customers to securely share proofs, not only with users, but with guest reviewers as well. This functionality ensures that only designated reviewers can access proofs. After selecting reviewers, determine whether or not they need to authenticate in order to access the proof.
There are 3 security settings to choose from if you are on a Starter or Business edition and 4 settings if you're on Enterprise.
- Users & Guests (Authentication not required)
- Users & Guests (Authentication required) - Enterprise edition
- Users only (Authentication not required)
- Users (Authentication required)
When authentication is required, Ziflow will generate a unique token and email it to the reviewer.
Please see our Proof Security Settings article for more information.
Minor version - In many cases, creative assets need to be reviewed internally before being shared with external team members or clients. Most online proofing applications will label versions using the standard pattern v1, v2, v3 and so on. Depending on your workflow, this may not be ideal because by the time a proof is shared externally, you could be sharing what is now known as v3, which could potentially cause some confusion and raise questions about what happened to v1 and v2. Enable this setting to make the proof a minor version (eg. v0.1, v0.2, v0.3 etc.).
Lock the proof when all decisions are made - If needed, proofs or stages can be locked once a decision has been made, preventing any further actions to be taken on a proof, such as comments or decisions. The only people able to unlock it are proof owners and managers. They also have the ability to manually lock the proof at any point. More detailed info can be found in the Manually lock & unlock proofs article.
Allow download of the original file - if this feature is on, reviewers are able to download a copy of the file/s they are reviewing. A download icon will appear inside the proof viewer, as well as the proof summary page.
*Please note: multiple files inside a proof will be downloaded as a zip file.
Suppress proof created/failed email - proof creators may not want to receive an email informing him/her that a new proof has been created/failed, since they are the ones creating the proof. For that reason, Ziflow gives them the ability to opt out of that email notification.
Once the proof settings are configured, click the "Create" button. If something is set up incorrectly you will see the following pop-up message. Ziflow will identify the problem area by placing a red ! mark next to the stage that requires attention.
After the proof is processed, reviewers will get an email notification informing them that they have a new proof to review.