Proofing Websites in Ziflow
Summary: Ziflow allows you to review websites using two different methods:
- Static: Ziflow creates a snapshot of the web page so that your reviewers can comment on the proof like they would on a document.
- Live: Your reviewers can comment and interact with the live website content as if viewing it in their browser.
Available on all editions.
Where is the feature applied? On the proof creation screen. Simply enter a website URL, or multiple URLs, into the "Review a website" box. You can choose to take a snapshot or view live content.
Reviewing a static website proof
Once a website proof has been created you can enter the proof viewer to begin the review and approval process. You'll notice that a website snapshot looks exactly the same as any standard image proof.
Reviewing a live website proof
When proofing live website captures you'll notice a small bar at the bottom of the page.
- Interactive mode - allows you to switch between interactive and panning mode. When the arrow button is blue then interactive mode is on. It means that you can browse the proof as a normal website (play videos, interact with all the content). If you draw a markup or use any other proofing tool, the proof will remain in the panning mode and browsing won’t be possible (interactive mode button will be greyed out). Once the interactive mode is switched back on you can start browsing the proof.
- Refresh - reloads the whole proof to the initial https address.
- Website resolution - this option allows you to display the proof in other screen resolutions so you can see how the website looks on other devices. There are over a dozen different options to choose from.
Why is my live website proof not loading correctly in the viewer?
The Ziflow proof viewer is hosted securely (HTTPS). To support "non-secure" sites (HTTP), we load them using our own proxy servers since the browsers don't allow mixed content (secure and non-secure) to be loaded at the same time.
If the non-secure site contains any direct links to other non-secure content, the browser will load this directly and it will not be proxied via our servers. In this case the browser will block the content and your site may not load correctly.
There are two ways to fix this:
- Host the website securely (HTTPS)
- Change links in the web page from absolute to relative paths. You can either do this by editing your original website or you can let Ziflow attempt to do this automatically when loading the website:
- Go to Manage Account > Proofing Settings > Proof Viewer > Other options and activate "Live websites: URL rewriting"