How To - Set up a custom domain
Summary: Setting up your own custom domain allows you to brand your Ziflow account with your company's unique URL address.
Available for: This special feature is only available on the Ziflow Enterprise edition. Custom domains can only be configured by an account administrator.
Where is the feature setup? From the "Manage Account” settings screen, click on "Custom Domain".
How does it work?
The Domain mapping process consists of several actions that need to be done before a custom domain is enabled.
- Subdomain - it is your currently set subdomain. You can rename it anytime you want and it will always exist (even when a new domain will be activated).
- Domain - here you can set wanted domain name. It must be a subdomain of a primary domain like: “proofing.mydomain.com”, “proofing.mysubdomain.mydomain.com”
- SSL Certificate - button that generates an AWS certificate with email verification. It also adds the domain to SES (Simple email service) which requires: DNS verification, DKIM DNS entries, MX entries. At this point you need to verify the domain (email sent to a host master) and add entries for SES
- Email from - by default it is set to Ziflow but can be changed to any name you want. All emails will be sent from this sender.
- Enable custom domain - if enabled it validates all certificate and entries have passed. If validation passes Ziflow will refresh and it will start using custom domain. All emails will then come from this custom domain and for system emails using the “Email from” setting.
Once domain is successfully verified the screen should look like this: