How To - Set up a custom domain
Summary: Setting up your own custom domain allows you to brand your Ziflow account with your company's unique URL address.
Available for: This special feature is only available on the Ziflow Enterprise edition. Custom domains can only be configured by an account administrator.
Where is the feature setup? From the "Settings” tab, click on "Custom Domain".
How does it work?
The Domain mapping process consists of several actions that need to be done before a custom domain is enabled.
- Subdomain - it is your currently set subdomain. You can rename it anytime you want and it will always exist (even when a new domain will be activated).
- Domain - here you can set wanted domain name. It must be a subdomain of a primary domain like: “proofing.mydomain.com”, “proofing.mysubdomain.mydomain.com”
- SSL Certificate - button that generates an AWS certificate with email verification. It also adds the domain to SES (Simple email service) which requires: DNS verification, DKIM DNS entries, MX entries. At this point you need to verify the domain (email sent to a host master) and add entries for SES
- Validate using entire domain or email validation - when setting up a custom domain you can select to authenticate the whole domain for the SNS service or only email. You cannot switch between email and the entire domain if the certificate was already generated.
- Authorize to send emails from DNS validation or Email validation - choose DNS validation if you have or can obtain permission to modify the DNS configuration for the domains in your certificate request. Please select email validation if you do not have permission or cannot obtain permission to modify the DNS configuration for the domains in your certificate request.
- Enable custom domain - if enabled it validates all certificate and entries have passed. If validation passes Ziflow will refresh and it will start using custom domain. All emails will then come from this custom domain and for system emails using the “Email from” setting.
Once domain is successfully verified the screen should look like this: