How To - Use text extraction tool
Summary: The text extraction tool allows you to select and extract text content from few types of proofs. Thanks to this tool you will have a chance to point directly what text should be deleted, inserted, changed or you can just copy what you need from the proof.
Available for: Every user with proof “view” permission and above.
Where is the feature applied? Every reviewer that is invited to the proof has “View” permission, so this feature is turned on for every user you invite into the proof.
How does it work?
Text extraction menu can be opened by clicking on markup button menu (1) and then choosing the “T” icon (2) that represents text extraction menu. Once you click the icon, text extraction window will appear on the left side of the comment bar.
Tools available at the text extraction menu
- used for highlighting text. Press your left mouse button and drag it over the text. You can select multiple lines of the text. Highlighted text can be copied to your
- used for marking up text that should be replaced. Press your left mouse button and drag it over the text. Write a comment describing what should be changed and save it. Your coworkers will know what exactly needs to be changed in the text.
- used for marking up text that should be deleted. Press your left mouse button and drag it over the text. The selected text will become strikethrough. Write a short comment about it and post it. The markup will be saved.
- We allow to extract text from few types of files: pdf, doc(x), ppt(x),
xls(x) and for web capture
- Copy to clipboard function cannot be replaced by using
Ctrl+Cshortcut. The only way for copying highlighted text is using “Copy to clipboard” button.
- How To - Markup, comment and attach files