Text Selection Tool
Summary: The text selection tool allows you to markup words or sentences on a proof. You'll be presented with 4 options:
- Highlight text
- Replace text
- Delete text
- Insert text
There's also a "copy to clipboard" option.
Available for: Users with “Comment” permissions and above.
How does it work?
The text selection tool can be opened by clicking on the markup button (1) and then choosing the “T” icon (2). Once you click on the icon, the text selection menu will appear on the left side of the comment box.
Text selection options
- this is used for highlighting text. Press your left mouse button and drag it over the text you wish to highlight. Enter your comment into the "New comment" box and click on the green button. The highlighted text will now be tied to your comment.
- this is used for replacing text. Press your left mouse button and drag it over the text you wish to replace. Enter a comment describing in detail what should be changed.
- We allow text selection from the following file types: pdf, doc(x), ppt(x),
xls(x) and for web capture.
- Copy to clipboard function cannot be replaced by using
Ctrl+Cshortcut. The only way for copying highlighted text is using the “Copy to clipboard” button.
- How To - Markup, comment and attach files