Rename a file Zibot Settings
Summary: This Zibot will automatically rename files placed within your Google Drive or Dropbox. The Rename File Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow.
If you don't know what Zibots or Flows are, please visit our glossary page.
Where is the feature setup? The Rename File Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow. Ziflow is able to automatically rename files based on your cloud storage events.
Rename File Event configuration
Before you create your first automation, you'll need to connect your Google Drive/Dropbox personal/Dropbox Businesses. Start by entering the Connect tab and pressing a Create flow button located in the right upper corner of a dashboard. Name your flow (eg. Remove diacritical marks from any uploaded file) and select previously added cloud storage connection. Alternatively, you can add a new cloud connection from this page as well.
Next, select type of the event that is going to trigger the automation:
There are 3 types of events who can choose from (4th one which is New folder is created is dedicated for other Zibots)
- File is added to a folder - select this event if you want to convert files that are being added to the storage
- File is modified - select this event if you want to convert files that are being modified (eg. name is changed)
- File is deleted - select this event if you want to convert files that are removed from the storage to a PDF format
The above settings let you narrow down files that will trigger the automation later on. You can decide which files, uploaded where and by whom will trigger later actions. Once you're done with adjusting the trigger settings, click the "Next" button and proceed with Zibot configuration.
Rename File Zibot configuration
You'll be presented with a list of available Zibots, select the Rename File option.
When you select the Rename File action as part of your flow, you will see the following window.
- Source file - Ziflow is asking what the input file will be ie. the file you want to be renamed. You have two options.
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file or folder that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- If file the already exists - You are being asked what you want the Rename Zibot to do if a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder. You can either overwrite the existing file or you can keep all files, if you select to keep all files then the Zibot will add a sequence number at the end of the NEW files name.
- Search and replace - The search and replace drop-down menu has 3 different settings:
- Replace text - This essentially means you are asking Ziflow to search the filename of the input file and strip out the text that you specify. With this - This is where you enter the text that you want to be added to the filename (In the screenshot example above we are asking for any filename that contains the word “image” to be replaced with the word “Product”).
- Remove text - This option allows you to remove text without replacing it (in the screenshot example above we are asking for any .eps extensions to be stripped out of the filename.
- Remove diacritical marks - This option allows you to automatically strip out any diacritical marks from the filename.
- Add to filename - This option allows you to change a filename by adding text before and after the existing filename. In the example screenshot below you will see that we added the word “Product” to the beginning of the filename and the word .gif at the end of the filename. You also have the ability to add Tokens to the filename so that Ziflow will add information specific to the file when it is processed. Eg. the current date and time or the username.
- Preview -The preview shows how your file naming will preview and it updates in real-time as you change the settings.
- The Rename Zibot cannot be the first Zibot in a flow if your trigger event is “new folder is created in a folder”