Trusted (Partner) Accounts
Summary: In many cases, our customers need to manage multiple accounts (various agencies, brands, departments, etc.). With “Trusted (Partner) Accounts”, admins can set up trust relationships between these accounts aka “Partner Relationships”.
Trusted accounts provide Admins with the following capabilities:
- Trusted contacts: Active users of the trusted account are automatically synchronized to the trustee account's contact list.
- Proof Sharing: Admins now have the ability to lock down proof sharing to users in their account and users in trusted accounts. This is very useful if you want to ensure proofs are only shared with known domains/users.
- Authentication: Admins can navigate between Single Sign-on enabled accounts without having to re-authenticate every time.
Available: Enterprise edition only.
Where is the feature setup? Go to “Manage account” > “Security” > “Trusted Accounts”
How does it work?
At the top of the page you’ll find your trust ID which can be added to other Ziflow accounts that belong to you or your company. By giving someone your trust ID, you agree to give them information about your users. When another account trusts your trust ID, your active users will be added as trusted contacts to their account.
If you would like to add a trusted account, click on the green “+ Add Account” button. In the field, enter the trust ID of the account that your account will trust.
Ziflow will let you know if the account has been successfully added and you will see it on the list.
Adding trusted accounts will result in contact list synchronization.
This auto synchronization can work in two modes:
- One way trust - where users will be populated as contacts to all trusted accounts
- Or both ways trust - where mutual trust accounts can cross populate user contact lists to keep both up to date
If you want to enable “both ways trust” you need to perform the same process on the other account. Simply add the trust ID of account A to the “Trusted accounts” list of account B. This will result in mutual trust.
With the “trusted relationship”, this will allow users to switch between accounts without the need to “double login”. Users that authorize with their login and password in one account are able to go to any trusted account without having to login again (either SSO or not).
- Only administrators can add/manage trusted accounts.