Convert to PDF Zibot settings
Summary: This Zibot will automatically create a PDF from files uploaded within your Google Drive or Dropbox folder. The PDF Zibot can be used in a single flow or as part of a multi-step flow.
If you don't know what Zibots or Flows are, please visit our glossary page.
Where is the feature setup? The Convert to PDF Zibot can be applied inside the Zibot step when creating or amending a Flow. Ziflow is able to automatically create PDF files based on your cloud storage events.
PDF Event configuration
Before you create your first automation, you'll need to connect your Google Drive/Dropbox personal/Dropbox Businesses. Start by entering the Connect tab and pressing a Create flow button located in the right upper corner of a dashboard. Name your flow (eg. Convert every uploaded file to PDF format) and select previously added cloud storage connection. Alternatively, you can add a new cloud connection from this page as well.
Next, select type of the event that is going to trigger the automation:
There are 3 types of events who can choose from (4th one which is New folder is created is dedicated for other Zibots)
- File is added to a folder - select this event if you want to convert files that are being added to the storage
- File is modified - select this event if you want to convert files that are being modified (eg. name is changed)
- File is deleted - select this event if you want to convert files that are removed from the storage to a PDF format
The above settings let you narrow down files that will trigger the automation later on. You can decide which files, uploaded where and by whom will trigger later actions. Once you're done with adjusting the trigger settings, click the "Next" button and proceed with Zibot configuration.
PDF Zibot configuration
You'll be presented with a list of available Zibots, select the Convert to PDF option.
When you select the Convert to PDF action as part of your flow, you will see the following window.
- Source file - Ziflow is asking what the input file will be ie. the file you want to be converted into a PDF. You have two options.
• File that triggered this flow - this means a file that is moved/changed or created in a certain location is the source file.
• File that is the result of the previous action - this option will become available if you have set up a multi-stage flow. It is basically asking if the input file will be coming from a previous action in the flow.
- Pages - Do you want the PDF Zibot to convert all the pages (if the input file is a document) to PDF eg. you may be dropping in Word files and you only ever want the first page to be made into a PDF. Most of the time and If you are converting non-documents to PDF then the ALL setting will be used.
- Target folder - The PDF Zibot is asking you where to put the PDF that it creates. You can browse to the area on your cloud storage where you want the PDF to be delivered.
If you are using a multi-step flow the “Output folder from previous Zibot” will display and if selected the PDF Zibot will use the same output folder as the previous Zibot in the flow.
- Is your file password protected - Use this option if you plan to drop in a file that has been password protected eg. a confidential word file that has a password applied. Ziflow will then be able to open the document using the password you provide in the settings and create the PDF.
- Adobe PDF Presets - This is where you can select the type of PDF output you require. The standard Adobe options are listed including PDF/X, Smallest file size, High-Quality Print, and Custom which allows you to define your own PDF settings.
- The PDF Zibot cannot be the first Zibot in
a flowif your trigger event is “a new folder is created in a folder” (because the Zibot cannot make a PDF of a folder).