Markups, Comments & Attaching files
Summary: Markups and comments are an essential part of the proofing process. Ziflow offers a variety of tools that are used to highlight areas on
Available for any user or guest reviewer that has been granted "Comment" permissions.
How does it work?
Once you are inside the Proof Viewer, click on the "Add comment" button in the bottom right-hand corner - see the screenshot on the left. This will open up a comment box. Simply select your tool (square, circle, arrow, line, freehand drawing tool or text selection tool from the pop-up window. The screenshot on the right shows a zoomed in view of the comment box and markup tools.
Next to the markup tools is the color picker where you can decide what color you want your markups to be set in (see screenshot below).
Once you have selected your markup tool simply click and drag over the area on the proof that you wish to markup. Once you have placed the markup on the page you have the ability to:
- Resize the markup by using the anchor points displayed when you hover over the markup.
- Delete the markup by clicking on the trash can icon which appears in the top right of the markup.
- Scroll through the pages of a multipage document to apply markups
- Type your comment in the box.
- Click on "save" and your markup and comment will be published in the comment list.
- You can also post markups and comments by pressing Ctrl + Enter at the same time once you have typed your entry in the comment box.
You can see other reviewers' comments as they will appear in real time. You can click on any comment in the list and it will highlight the markup on the page. In reverse, you can also click on any of the numbered pins on the proof and it will highlight the comment.
If you click through the comments, Ziflow will automatically display the markup at a convenient zoom ratio making it very user-friendly to scroll through all the comments.
Public vs Private comments
Available on Enterprise Edition
There are two types of comments that can be added to a proof.:
- Public comments - If someone from a stage submits a public comment it will be visible to all reviewers invited to the proof, no matter what stage they are in.
- Private comments - If someone from a stage submits a private comment it will only be visible to the reviewers in that specific stage.
Reviewers can switch between public/private comments using the button above the comment field.
In order to change the type of comments that are displayed in Proof Viewer, you need to press the icon above the comment list.
What else can I do in comments?
If you want to edit a comment, you can do so by clicking the comment menu icon. Please note that you can only edit your own comments.
You can delete your own comments by clicking on the comment menu icon, however, this can only be done while the proof is unlocked. Once the proof is locked or a new version is uploaded, you can no longer remove your comments. If you have “Manage” permissions you are able to remove other users' comments in addition to your own.
**Please note that if you delete a comment it will also delete any replies and any files that have been attached to the comment.
If you want to restore a comment that you have deleted, click on the restore tool shown below. You can only restore your own comments unless you have "Manage" permissions which would allow you to restore other people’s comments as well.
You will notice that underneath each comment is a Reply button.
You can reply to comments and start a discussion thread. This is very useful in clarifying comments so that the feedback is crystal clear.
(Enterprise edition only)
The checkmark icon allows reviewers to resolve comments. Once clicked, a green box with a checkmark will appear in the upper right corner of the comment box and Ziflow will send an email notification about the action. A reviewer can also unresolve a comment by clicking on the back arrow.
(Enterprise edition only)
The flag icon allows reviewers to choose a label such as "To do". Other labels can be added by account admins under "Proofing Settings", so when the reviewer clicks on the icon, a list of all available labels will be presented. Once a reviewer chooses the label, it will be added to the comment and Ziflow will send an email notification about this action.
The Thumbs up icon ("Like this comment") is a quick way to say you agree with a comment. We have not added a thumbs down icon because if someone dislikes a comment we would encourage them to reply with some context as to why they disagree.
Attaching files can be done in two ways.
Option 1: When adding a comment or replying to a comment click on the paperclip icon under the comments box then navigate to the file you wish to attach.
Option 2: Simply drag the file(s) you wish to attach directly into the comment box. The comment box will turn into an uploader icon and then show a progress bar once you drop the files in.
If you wish to remove your attachment then simply click on the trashcan in the comment box which appears next to the file.
If you want to download an attachment from a comment then simply click on the attachment (as shown in the screenshot below). This will open the file where you can click the download button.
Proof Viewer Shortcuts:
- Use the Spacebar or k key in order to stop/start video or audio proof.
- Clicking right/left key arrow will open a next frame/page or previous frame/page.
- You can open the comment box by pressing Ctrl+Alt+m.
- Markups and comments cannot be added to locked versions of a proof.
- There is a 500mb file size limit on attachments.
- Attaching files will use space on your available storage allocation.