Markups, Comments & Attaching files
Summary: Markups and comments are an essential part of the proofing process. Ziflow offers a variety of tools that are used to highlight areas of a proof that need attention. In addition, users are able to "like" or "reply" to comments, as well as attach files. All threads of conversation are kept within the proof viewer.
Available for any user that has been granted "Comment" permissions.
How does it work?
Once you are inside the Proof Viewer, click on the "Add comment" button in the bottom right-hand corner - see the screenshot on the left. This will open up a comment box. Simply select your tool (square, circle, arrow, line or freehand drawing tool) from the pop-up window. The screenshot on the right shows a zoomed in view of the comment box and markup tools.
Next to the markup tools is the color picker where you can decide what color you want your markups to be set in (see screenshot below).
Once you have selected your markup tool simply click and drag over the area on the proof that you wish to markup. Once you have placed the markup on the page you have the ability to:
- Resize the markup by using the anchor points displayed when you hover over the markup.
- Delete the markup by clicking on the trash can icon which appears in the top right of the markup.
- Scroll through the pages of a multipage document to apply markups
- Type your comment in the box.
- Click the green arrow and your markup and comment will be published in the comment list.
- You can also post markups and comments by pressing Ctrl + Enter at the same time once you have typed your entry in the comment box.
You can see other reviewers comments and they will appear in real time. You can click on any comment
If you click through the comments, Ziflow will automatically display the markup at a convenient zoom ratio making it very user-friendly to scroll through all the comments.
What else can I do in comments?
If you want to edit a comment you can do so by clicking the edit tool shown below. The edit tool appears when you hover over your comment. Please note that you can only edit your own comments.
You can delete your own comments by clicking on the trash can icon, however, this can only be done while the proof is unlocked. Once the proof is locked or a new version is uploaded, you can no longer remove your comments. If you have “Manage” permissions you are able to remove other users' comments in addition to your own.
**Please note that if you delete a comment it will also delete any replies and any files that have been attached to the comment.
If you want to restore a comment that you have deleted, click on the restore tool shown below. You can only restore your own comments unless you have "Manage" permissions which would allow you to restore other people’s comments as well.
You will notice that underneath each comment is a Reply button.
You can reply to comments and start a discussion thread. This is very useful in clarifying comments so that the feedback is crystal clear.
The Thumbs up icon ("Like this comment") is a quick way to say you agree with a comment. We have not added a thumbs down icon because if someone dislikes a comment we would encourage them to reply with some context as to why
Attaching files can be done in two ways.
Option1: When adding a comment or replying to a comment click on the paperclip icon under the comments box then navigate to the file you wish to attach.
Option 2: Simply drag the file(s) you wish to attach directly into the comment box. The comment box will turn into an uploader icon and then show a progress bar once you drop the files in.
If you wish to remove your attachment then simply click on the trashcan in the comment box which appears next to the file.
If you want to download an attachment from a comment then simply click on the attachment (as shown in the screenshot below). This will open the file where you can click the download button.
Proof Viewer Shortcuts:
- Use Spacebar or k key in order to stop/start video or audio proof.
- Clicking right/left key arrow will open a next frame/page or previous frame/page.
- You can open the comment box by pressing a Ctrl+Alt+m shortcut.
- You must have permission to “Comment” for this functionality.
- Markups and comments cannot be added to the locked versions of the proof.
- There is a 500mb file size limit on attachments.
- Attaching files will use space on your available storage allocation.